A few things I have learned about fitness, Part 1

A few things I have learned over the 22 years of coaching and training thousands of people: this pertains to ALL types of fitness. and please understand that FTF Fitness is a brand just like CrossFit is a brand. we use high intensity functional training as part of what we do and we base it on theories that were around before and after CrossFit came about. I believe strongly that CrossFit is a great program. i also believe strongly that yoga is a great program. I also believe strongly that zumba is great program. I believe that human movement is a great program. I believe that circuit training is a great program. I believe that running is a great program..... catch my drift?
Fitness is emotional. It doesn't matter what it comes down to, there are emotions involved in your fitness program. Whether it is stress relieving to feel better, frustration from not understanding an exercise, adrenaline to give you an adrenaline rush and feel excitement, or fear of leaving that comfort zone, it is emotional.


People have different reasons for working out- Some people work out to just enjoy the workout. Some people work out because they are competitive. Some people (like me) need two to three workouts a day to calm whatever energy they have and help their brain calm down. Some people come to the gym because they HATE exercise and need to be motivated. Some people come because it's the "right" thing to do for their health. Some people come to the gym to get away from everything. Whatever the reason, I know sometimes making it to the door of the gym is sometimes the hardest thing to do in your day
People want to succeed, but are hard on themselves when they fail. we inherently love to be hard on ourselves because we think that failure is a bad thing. OR we get frustrated when we fail, not understanding that we must fail in order to learn and succeed. It is in this failure that the stimulus for change and growth is incurred and the body will adapt and learn because of that failure.
People will make excuse after excuse when they are not able to make it in the gym. But the excuses come because they didn't set their why high enough to get where they wanted to. The excuses come because they put other things in their life typically as a priority over their health and wellness. This isn't just coming to the gym, but in running, triathlon, biking, and so many other things. This is about life.. and making excuses to move your body... no matter what you're doing. It's too hard, it's too late, I don't have the money, I don't have the time, I don't feel like it. It has been my job to help people overcome their own excuses and get in the door.
those that don't make excuses, over the years, I have seen still struggle. And just because it looks easy for them, doesn't mean they aren't working hard. it means they may have their own struggles that we may not see. It means they still want to succeed, and push themselves and probably get better.
I have learned that EVERYONE has a hot button, something that pushes them from inside. It is a matter of identifying that hot button and using that day in and day out to keep on that goal.
There is more stuff that I have learned over the last 22 years of coaching people.. and many numerous things... BUT this is just a small post about a few things that I wanted to express...
where do you fall in, what are some of the things YOU have learned about yourself here at FTF Fitness? And what would you say the biggest obstacle if any you had to overcome to see the success you are seeing now? Share your story with me.... I want to know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions......... "and shit"

Thinking like an average dude- On Family

To the graduates of 2018- 50 things I have learned in life- a reflection for all