Welcome

Welcome to the newest release of DFG Wellness.  I am changing the format a bit.  While I will still write about wellness,  I wanted to start sharing some of my personal story with you and how the things I am doing in my life may benefit you.  Let me explain. 

Over the last few years, I have learned a great deal.  I have not written in several years on this blog because I have been busy learning about life.  And in that experience, there have been lessons about being destined for greatness and the journey that comes with that.

Many of you who know me know that I am a firefighter by trade and WAS a gym owner up until January of this year.  I guess this blog is changing to give you some of the experiences, thoughts and changes that have happened along my journey to success.  My definition of success has changed over time.   It doesn't mean I have stopped moving forward to be successful in many arenas of life.   It just means that I have determined that success is different for me now than it was 5 years ago.

You see, 5 years ago, I was hungry for success in the fitness and business ownership arena.  And I did it, successfully ran a gym for 10 years until I chose that it was time for me to retire from the fitness industry as a gym owner and become "just" a coach again as well as focussing on family and friendships,  the relationships that are important in my life.  My definition of success has become learning how to do major projects around a house that is 44 years old and a property that requires a great deal of attention.  It has become being a role model for my family and becoming a better leader for them.  It involves sharing my story so that it may motivate others who may struggle to realize they are doing what they need to do to be successful.  I am but an average joe, with a great deal of energy who dreams big and acts bigger than I am even aware I am capable of.  I take on projects that seem overwhelming and create ideas that are grandiose in nature all the while allowing the mechanisms to present themselves as I move forward with bigger ideas and dreams.

So now,  this blog will become a story, intermingled with motivational posts to help you through the days of our lives.  I will start in my next post about the transition from owning a gym to being "just" a person who goes to work and comes home to a life of success each and every day.  I will share with you in my next post (tomorrow) about what I went through in the decision making process to sell my portion of FTF the gym, and how I have grown in the time frame since then.  Look for more to come tomorrow and thank you for reading...  it's about to get crazy up in here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions......... "and shit"

Thinking like an average dude- On Family

To the graduates of 2018- 50 things I have learned in life- a reflection for all